At Leviday villas, we want to offer our guests an experience where responsible choices and Lapland luxury tourism come together naturally. Lapland’s sensitive arctic environment needs special attention. For our part, we want to take responsibility for preserving the sensitive environment of the Levi area.
In 2022, we received the international Green Key certificate and the Sustainable Travel Finland mark as proof of large-scale work for sustainable tourism. We joined the We Speak Gay community in 2023 and are committed to developing LGBTQ -friendly tourism. The work for sustainable tourism continues, because responsibility is a matter of our hearts!
We are committed to a long-term development work and use financial resources in a way that promotes environmental and social sustainability, as well as ensuring the financial profitability of the business in the long term. We use the services of local entrepreneurs, e.g. waste management, property maintenance, laundry services, snow work and cabin maintenance.
Our procurement is done with consideration and preference for local suppliers and partners, as well as responsibly produced products. We want to be a reliable partner and a good employer. We are committed to the equal treatment and rights of all people.
We actively participate in regional sustainable tourism development by participating in regional sustainable tourism trainings, projects, events and workshops. We train our personnel and cabin maintenance in environmental and responsibility matters and communicate our actions to increase environmental awareness.
Our goal is to act as one of the pioneers of sustainable tourism in the villa rental business in the region and to build a sustainable tourism business with our partners. We invest in a responsible extension of the tourist season, with our goal being year-round, so that we can offer work to local entrepreneurs even in the off-season. We treat all people equally, which is reflected in the consideration of our guests and respectful behavior towards all people. Everyone is welcome to us. We are committed to developing LGBTQ-friendly tourism as part of the We Speak Gay community.
We are committed to the national principles of sustainable tourism and activities promoting climate change mitigation. We strive to minimize the negative effects of our own activities and maximize the benefits in all our activities. We are constantly working to promote sustainable tourism by developing our operations and setting new goals every year.
We do environmental work every day
- We use a heating system that is remotely controlled and predicts weather changes
- We monitor water consumption and the water intake of showers and faucets is limited
- We monitor and strive to reduce electricity consumption
- We sort and recycle
- We use domestic, eco-labeled washing and cleaning agents
- We follow an action plan to regulate the heating and ventilation of vacant accommodation facilities and to ensure energy efficiency.
- We protect nature’s diversity by keeping the yard area in its natural state
- We are constantly training in matters of responsibility
- We involve our customers in environmentally friendly tourism; such as for sorting, energy and water saving
Our environmental project
- We monitor and strive to reduce our carbon footprint
- We strive to reduce the amount of mixed waste by guiding and encouraging customers to sort
- We promote customers’ environmental awareness and encourage responsible vacationing through communication
- Our villas have a digital cottage folder in which we tell about our environmental work and encourage our customers to participate in it
The certificates tell about our work for sustainable tourism
- We follow the world’s leading Green Key sustainability program in the tourism industry. As a certified destination, we are a pioneer in responsibility. The certificate is based on the UN’s sustainable development goals, and its requirements exceed the basic level of law and regulations. We are committed to constantly increasing the social and economic benefits of our operations and minimizing the environmental burden. We are part of the We Speak Gay community, and our goal together is to build Finland even more empathetic and inclusive, the most rainbow-friendly tourist country in the world. We also have the Sustainable Travel Finland label, which is a sustainable tourism program managed by Visit Finland. The STF mark is proof that we are committed to developing sustainable tourism, increasing knowledge, implementing a development plan and communicating about responsible tourism.